Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy 40th Birthday Kara!

On August 19, 2010, I reached the 40th milestone this summer.  I had mixed emotions about it 1)I really couldn't change it. 2)It means you are really not too far from 50. 3)It also means you've found yourself and are okay with yourself.  Overall I was excited for my birthday (although I usually am!).  Shalise and Todd planned a lunch on Tuesday August 17th with April, Maureen, and Shalise.  It was a great surprise and something I really enjoyed.  I wanted to do something big for my 40th birthday but didn't really have anything I was dying to do until...I was on facebook after my birthday lunch and I saw that a friend from high school was trying to sell some tickets to...


I had wanted to go to the Lion King from the moment I heard it was coming to SLC.  I checked into the prices and saw that tickets were $200 -- that wasn't going to happen!  I didn't think about going again until I saw the post on facebook.  The seats were balcony seats and $40.  I contacted him and Todd and I were on our way to The Lion King on Wednesday afternoon.


The Lion King was simply AMAZING!  I would go again and again and again and I would now probably pay the higher ticket price to get a little bit closer.  Our seats were fine and with the help of binoculars, I didn't feel like I missed anything.  It was a wonderful birthday present and a great date night with Todd.

On my actual birthday, Shalise made sure everyone at work knew about my big day by bringing me 3 large bouquets of black balloons.



I only took a picture of one of the bouquets but all were were this size!

It was great 40th birthday -- maybe I'll turn 40 every year!

No comments: