Monday, May 2, 2011

Emotions

Friday morning the world was celebrating this....


Today the world is trying to digest this...

Osama Bin Laden Dead

I am somewhere in between in all of this --

 I remember as a young girl getting up in the middle of the night to watch Princess Diana wed Prince Charles.  I was memorized by the LONG LONG LONG train of Diana's dress.  Three decades later I am  in awe of Kate's fairy tale, and watched the countless hours of reruns of the wedding, choosing to sleep in.  William and Kate look so happy -- complete opposite of Charles and Diana on their wedding day.  I wish them the very most happiness.  I wonder if in my lifetime they will be the King and Queen of England?

As for Osama's death, I don't feel right about celebrating someone's death; however, I think many people are relieved that he has been killed.  I'm sure for those thousand's of people who's lives were directly affected by Sept 11. 2001, there is some satisfaction in this news.  I remember so vividly (as I'm sure most people do) where I was, what I was wearing, what Todd was doing, etc. on the fall morning of 2001.  I don't know if the news of Osama has been burned as forcefully into my mind.  I wonder what this news will mean for America in the days to come.  I don't believe for a minute that just because the leader was killed, that the Taliban has been killed -- will someone else step forward and take charge?  Will Americans be in danger?  What will be next?  Emotions....

No comments: