Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'll blog if I want too, without pictures and Enjoy 'em while they're little!

I will be the first to admit I have some crazy and bizarre ideas about things I do.   I don't know where I get these weird ideas but for the life of me I really struggle to get past a few of them.  Probably my first (and worst) one is I don't like to fix the same thing for supper twice in a month -- crazy I know!  Really, who cares?  My second problem is I feel really,  really,  really guilty if I blog without a picture of some sort.  Therefore, I am not the greatest blogger because then I have to find the camera, download the pictures, put the pictures on my external hard drive, organize the pictures in the right folder, etc. - yes another cork!  This is kinda funny because I grew up with a mother who I'm not sure owned a camera.  I'm not the most dedicated photographer but I try -- sometimes better than other times -- but I still try!  So there will be future posts without pictures because there are things I want to record for posterity and things happen without a camera around (and even if it was around, I might not use it!)

This summer has been sort of struggle for me.  My boys are growing up and I don't like it!  I remember days gone by when I wished for 10 minutes of quiet time just to use the bathroom -- will someone please bang on the bathroom door just so I know I'm not home alone?  I've found myself home alone much more this summer than ever before and again I remember thinking "oh I can't wait until I'm home alone I could get so much done!"  Well I'm here to tell ya -- it's not all its cracked up to be!  I miss my boys!  Tyler has spent several weeks at basketball camps, and football camps, and leaves Monday for scout camp.  Kody hasn't really gone anywhere but loves to be with his dad every night at the barn, he also enjoys his friends and is an outside kid. 

I know they are doing good things but this mom is having a hard time realizing her boys don't need her as much anymore.  Oh don't get me wrong -- I'm still a fabulous taxi driver, banker, cook, maid, and laundry worker and they still need me for those things but the boys have definitely spread their wings this summer. 

So I'm telling you wonderful mothers, who want 10 minutes of quiet bathroom time--- it will come and then you will want someone to bang on the bathroom door!

2 comments:

Shalise said...

Thanks for the advice, Kara! I think we all need that reminder, especially on long summer days after hours of fighting and tears!

Justin said...

O how I understand your pain. Mine are not as old as yours but I still hate them growing up so fast. I don't want 10 minutes alone because I know all too soon it will be way more than that. Hang in there!