Saturday, March 13, 2010

What works for you might not work for me!

It's Saturday morning and my daily to do list is a mile long -- chuck full of things I want to do today. I was planning my weekend list earlier in the week and realized how different every one's ideas are.

Growing up Saturday mornings were "clean the house time". It took me about 10 years of marriage to realize that it's okay if I don't clean my house on Saturday mornings. Because of the boys sports schedules, from mid-August to the end of February we aren't even home on Saturdays! During the week I rarely have a 3 hour chunk of time to clean the house from top to bottom so I broke my house into zones. Each day I spend about 30 minutes (sometimes a little longer) in one zone. During a weeks time, each zone is covered -- at least once, and I feel like I've cleaned my house for the week. Another little thing I try to do is each night before going to bed, I straighten up the family room and make sure the kitchen is clean. It makes waking up so much better!

Shalise got me hooked on Fertilize Friday's. That is the day she fertilizes her outside flowers in the summer. I went from there and created Money Monday's -- that's the day I pay bills and balance the checkbook for the week. Water Wednesday's -- I water my inside plants. Little corking things like this help me remember to do them!

Here's to a great Saturday doing the following:

1. Finish up my Irish blocks - check out my craft blog for instructions.
2. Finish up a little embroidery project I've been working on.
3. Grocery Shop -- okay so this one isn't something I really enjoy doing but it's got to be done!
4. Tan -- now you all know my guilty little pleasure!
5. Make St. Patrick's Day sugar cookies.
6. Start another sewing project for a spring skirt.

What are some of your tricks to maintaining a house? And --- since I shared a guilty pleasure, what's yours?

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I do my major cleaning on Fridays. Why I do that I'll never know, because by Monday morning it is trashed. Weekends are hard on a house! My guilty pleasure is chocolate, candy, and more chocolate. I should tan instead.

Carolee H said...

I like the idea of zones I might steal that idea. My guilty pleasure is sweets anything sweet.