Monday, April 5, 2010

This and That

I've really struggled with posting lately -- I don't feel like I have much besides the usual basketball and tax season to report and I wonder who really cares about my day to day life anyway and I don't have any pictures to post! However, I am feeling guilty (more for my own sake than yours) that I've neglected my blog for a little while. I'm just listing several random thoughts below:

Basketball: It's OVER! We love basketball at our house but when the boys start playing in September and we are still playing into April it gets very long. Both boys finished up last Thursday. Tyler has a great season, learned a lot, improved and had a lot of fun. Kody had an interesting year -- some games were great, others awful, still some okay. It was always a guess as to which team was going to show up. Hopefully, next year will be Kody's teams year!

Spring Break: Why, why, why is it ALWAYS the week before April 15. I hated the timing of spring break as a kid and now I hate it as a parent! If anyone reading this has connections to the school districts scheduling people, please pass along the fact that accounting firms and CPA's wish we could spend time with our kids during spring break --so please schedule it after April 15th!

Summer: I was looking at our summer schedule and realized that we have very few weekends open -- is that good or bad? I look forward to summer and then before you know it, it's booked! I'm still looking for a block of time (probably during the week sometime) when we can pull the camp trailer over to Bear Lake and do nothing but camp on the beach -- anyone what to join us? I'm being serious folks -- let me know!

Weather: Where is the sun? I want to put away the coats, the sweaters, and the socks. I want to get out the Capri's, the flip-flops, and the shorts. Every time I think maybe its time, another winter storms blows in. I'm even ready to pull a few weeds and get my hands dirty.

Swimming Pool: The last two years, we've had a small pool that has been a lot of fun for us but when we took it down last fall, I knew we'd need to be purchasing a new one this year. I really want a much bigger and deeper pool but I'm not liking the price tags at all. We might have to settle for a smaller one again.

Totally random thoughts ...

No comments: